What should be Ambient Temp Type in Imported Convection during 1-way transfer from Fluent to Mechanical?
January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
The convection coefficient uses “Wall Func. Heat Tran. Coeff” (from Fluent) or “Wall Heat Transfer Coefficient” (from CFD-Post). This is based on wall functions and the reference temperature used for this formulation is “Wall Adjacent Temperature” (CFD near-wall temperature). When using Fluent, the convection coefficient will always be based on the wall function heat transfer coefficient so the ambient temp type should always be kept as “CFD near-wall Temperature”. This option is here because CFX users have the option to define the HTC based on a constant value, in which case, the “Ambient Temp Type” should be set to constant to match.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Simulating Battery Pack Cooling System Using Ansys Fluent
- Thermal Analysis of a Radiator Using Ansys Fluent
- ANSYS Fluent Student: Conjugate Heat Transfer in a Heat Sink
- ANSYS Fluent: Overview of the Mapped Interface Technique for CHT Simulations (18.2)
- What are the TUI commands to enable / disable Shell Conduction?
- How do I determine if I must consider natural or forced convection?
- How much number of faces per cluster value should be used for S2S radiation model in ANSYS Fluent?
- How to read solar load data files from serial ANSYS Fluent versions before 18.2 in a newer serial version?
- Plate Heat Exchanger Solver Setup in ANSYS Student – Part 1
- Tips for resolving unphysical temperatures and poor convergence with CHT cases.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.