What is the reason for this error message when mesher fails – “A software execution error occurred inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of usable memory.”?
Tagged: 18.2, General, meshing, modeling-and-meshing, structural-mechanics
January 25, 2023 at 7:34 amFAQParticipant
This is a generic crash message which means that the mesher is doing something unexpected and the software couldn’t identify what is causing the problem. Some times when it runs out of memory this message will be generated thus the part in the message about this, but that is not the case every time this error message is produced. When this error shows up on some machines but not others, it could be caused due to fire wall/virus scan etc. Suggestions: Try different meshing methods. For example – try patch independent method instead of patch conforming tetra or Multizone instead of Sweep. Try changing the mesh sizes for parts that failed to mesh. Remove mesh defeaturing (Details of “Mesh” >> Sizing >> Mesh Defeaturing >> No) and see if that helps. Use the worksheet to control the meshing sequence.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.