Tagged: fluent, fluid-dynamics, General, General - FLUENT, Other
January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
The Knudsen number (Kn) is a dimensionless number defined as the ratio of the molecular mean free path length to a characteristic physical length scale. It is used to determine whether statistical mechanics or the continuum mechanics formulation of fluid dynamics to be used in any application. If the Knudsen number is near or greater than one, the mean free path of a molecule is comparable to a length scale of the problem and continuum assumption is no longer valid. In this case statistical methods must be used. On the other side if Knudsen number is much less than one, Continuum assumption is valid and Fluent can be used to simulate the problems of those length scales.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.