January 25, 2023 at 7:34 amFAQParticipant
Following is the explanation from ANSYS help; True Status: Uses the current contact status from the restart snapshot. If the previous run for parent static structural is nonlinear, then the nonlinear contact status at the point of restart is frozen and used throughout the linear perturbation analysis. Force Sticking: Uses sticking contact stiffness for the frictional contact pairs, even when the status is sliding (that is, the no sliding status is allowed). This option only applies to contact pairs whose frictional coefficient is greater than zero. Force Bonding: Uses bonded contact stiffness and status for contact pairs that are in the closed (sticking/sliding) state.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Why is damped frequency is lower than undamped frequency with viscous damping but larger with structural damping?
- How can I specify acceleration at a node? Could I use the ‘big mass method’?
- How can I change the normalization method of the vibration modes from modal analysis?
- Why does the prestress from Static analysis does not add up to the stress in Random Vibration analysis?
- ANSYS Mechanical: Vibration Housing Noise
- In a Modal Analysis of Mechanical, why aren’t the Participation Factors Summary under Solution Information displayed?
- A Shock absorber is represented as spring element with damping constant. Modal analysis is performed using Reduced Damped (QRDAMP) solver. How to perform a Modal super position harmonic or transient analysis further ?
- Can you output the frequency response for a total deformation?
- In the results of a modal analysis, how can I define that a frequency is an output parameter ?
- Is it possible to perform a sine-on-random vibration analysis in either Mechanical or Mechanical APDL?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.