What is the difference between Rigid Dynamics and Transient dynamics solver for cases when all bodies are rigid?
June 6, 2022 at 9:58 amFAQParticipant
For pure rigid bodies, indeed, both solvers have been validated against each other, but RBD is fundamentally formulated for large motion and large rotation and highly non linear solutions. That implies:
– Robust strategies for adaptive time stepping, whether it is using implicit or explicit time integration (as a matter of fact, for contact-dominated models, the MJ time stepping algorithm is the recommended method, and is implicit!)
– Dedicated techniques to deal with very large rotation increments over one step
– High fidelity: Consistent tangent matrices, energy conservative integration schemes, Lagrange multipliers formulation for contact, full non linear formulation of equations of motion.
– Allows for loads dependent on model state
– Solver tuned for relatively small number of degrees of freedom but large number of time steps.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I change the normalization method of the vibration modes from modal analysis?
- In the results of a modal analysis, how can I define that a frequency is an output parameter ?
- Why does the prestress from Static analysis does not add up to the stress in Random Vibration analysis?
- A Shock absorber is represented as spring element with damping constant. Modal analysis is performed using Reduced Damped (QRDAMP) solver. How to perform a Modal super position harmonic or transient analysis further ?
- What does the warning “Diagonal of the mass matrix is missing in file” indicate when using RSTMAC command?
- Why is damped frequency is lower than undamped frequency with viscous damping but larger with structural damping?
- How do I get a frequency response of acceleration in the radial direction of a cylinder?
- In a Modal Analysis of Mechanical, why aren’t the Participation Factors Summary under Solution Information displayed?
- What is mass moment of inertia in Point Mass used for?
- How to solve for harmonic response at a specific frequency in Workbench?