March 1, 2022 at 10:21 pmFAQParticipant
The external emissivity is a thermal boundary condition and does not need any kind of radiation model as it is only used for calculating the heat flux from the outer boundaries of your domain and the environment. The only exception are semi transparent external walls with the DO radiation model – in this case it is used for computing the radiation heat flux between your domain and the outer environment. In all cases you have a corresponding external radiation temperature. The internal emissivity is used in combination with radiation models for calculating the radiation inside the domain. Values for emissivities are between 0 (ideal mirror, every incoming radiation is reflected, no radiation is emitted) and 1 (black body, every incoming radiation is absorbed). The values depend on the material and on how the surface was machined (e. g. polished).
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Simulating Battery Pack Cooling System Using Ansys Fluent
- Thermal Analysis of a Radiator Using Ansys Fluent
- ANSYS Fluent Student: Conjugate Heat Transfer in a Heat Sink
- How do I determine if I must consider natural or forced convection?
- Plate Heat Exchanger Solver Setup in ANSYS Student – Part 1
- ANSYS Fluent: Overview of the Mapped Interface Technique for CHT Simulations (18.2)
- How much number of faces per cluster value should be used for S2S radiation model in ANSYS Fluent?
- ANSYS Fluent: Heat transfer in a Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger – Part 1
- What is difference in heat flux specified at the wall of a fluid domain and considering solid with the same heat source?
- Tips for resolving unphysical temperatures and poor convergence with CHT cases.