June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
When running 2.5D remeshing simulation in Fluent parallel you may see the following warning message: “prism columns not encapsulated, can’t remesh”. This indicates that the partitioning is not encapsulating the wedge/prism columns and therefore due to cell quality reason this makes it difficult to do surface remeshing AND extrusion since the extruded prism/wedge columns of cells don’t reside on one CPU/core. Remeshing when prism/wedge column of cells are not encapsulated may ultimately lead to negative cells and hence the message: “prism columns not encapsulated, can’t remesh”: The solution to overcome this warning message is to choose a partitioning method that ensures columns of prism/wedge cells to be encapsulated/reside on a CPU/core. Here is a note from Fluent User Documentation: In parallel, a partition method that partitions perpendicular to the extrusion surface should be used. For example, if the normal of the extrusion surface points in the X-direction then Cartesian-Y or Cartesian-Z would be the perfect partition methods.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?