What is difference in heat flux specified at the wall of a fluid domain and considering solid with the same heat source?
June 6, 2022 at 8:33 amFAQParticipant
When a CHT simulation with heat source in the solid is defined, a distribution of the heat flux at the fluid-solid interface is observed according to the temperature gradients between the solid and the fluid domain. This is part of the solution. To get the same results between the simulation with and without considering the solid please write a boundary condition profile at the fluid interface side from the CHT-simulation in ANSYS CFD-Post, load it in ANSYS CFX Pre and use as a Boundary condition at the heated wall of the fluid domain. How to use Boundary condition profile can be found in the ANSYS Documentation> CFX> Modeling Guide>2.9 Profile Boundary Condition.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Simulating Battery Pack Cooling System Using Ansys Fluent
- Thermal Analysis of a Radiator Using Ansys Fluent
- Defining heat transfer coefficient (HTC)
- ANSYS Fluent Student: Conjugate Heat Transfer in a Heat Sink
- ANSYS Fluent: Overview of the Mapped Interface Technique for CHT Simulations (18.2)
- How to set up a heat source in CFX in a subdomain that results in a constant temperature
- Tips for resolving unphysical temperatures and poor convergence with CHT cases.
- Plate Heat Exchanger Solver Setup in ANSYS Student – Part 1
- What are the TUI commands to enable / disable Shell Conduction?
- How much number of faces per cluster value should be used for S2S radiation model in ANSYS Fluent?