What is cause of following warning message and how to overcome the same: The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results. You may need to scale the force unit in the model.How do I scale the force unit.
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
This is a limitation of penalty based contact. This warning occurs when normal contact stiffness (FKN) is higher than 10^16. To remove this issue we need to change the “unit system” in Mechanical. By defaults the unit of normal contact stiffness (FKN) is FORCE/LENGTH^3. If we change the (m kg N..) unit system to (mm kg N..) unit system the new FKN value will be 10^(-9) times the previous one. You may also try to change the contact algorithm.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Does ECAD trace mapping support more than one type of trace material (usually copper) in the same layer?
- How to define frictional coefficient as a function of relative sliding velocity
- ANSYS Mechanical: Fatigue Crack Growth Analysis using SMART Crack Growth
- How can I understand Beam Probe results?
- What is the difference between secant and instantaneous coefficients of thermal expansion (CTE)?
- Can the contact type (bonded or frictional) affect thermal results?
- What does ambient temperature represent when using surface to surface radiation?
- How to use the Newton-Raphson residuals option under Solution Information?
- How to find total heat flowing through a surface in Mechanical?
- How to plot stresses of a beam connection in Workbench?