March 17, 2023 at 8:59 amFAQParticipant
ANSYS databases can be counted on to be resumed. In most cases, an ANSYS db file from as far back as 5.0 can be resumed. ANSYS inputs and CDB files are also typically very reliable. If there is trouble reading an old input or CDB file, there is the option to edit it and use part of it as they are text files. For WB, we test and state that we only support databases 2 releases back. Databases older than 2 releases may or may not resume. It is our philosophy to maintain upward compatibility.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How do I request ANSYS Mechanical to use more number of cores for solution?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.