What does the following error message mean? *** ERROR *** Error in symeqn called by dstmak. Please send your data to your ANSYS Technical Support Provider.
April 5, 2023 at 2:31 pmFAQParticipant
In discussing this error message with development, they noted that: – The symeqn.F routine is simply trying to invert a matrix and it is detecting that the matrix is either singular or nearly singular. The near-singular case might just be a tolerance issue or perhaps there is a true bug in the matrix being generated for inversion.” – The dstmak.F routine seems to be used by material property routines. Is there anything odd about the material properties that you are aware of in the input file? If not, it might just be a tolerance issue.” – After checking the customer’s model closer, I noticed that the parameter used to define the BKIN material model yield stress was never initialized. Therefore, a value of “TINY” was used, which is set to 7.9E-31 (i.e., 2^(-100)). This near zero value caused a break-down in the equations. Assigning a yield stress fixed this particular model and it ran to completion. .
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How do I request ANSYS Mechanical to use more number of cores for solution?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.