March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
Non-uniform face orientations of the shell elements on the interface between two volumes can affect the functioning of a mesh for radiation calculations and also the visualization of variables on those element faces during post-processing. This is because the face normals are inconsistent and this leads to element faces getting associated with the wrong side of the interface. The surface mesh orientations can be fixed in ICEM CFD as follows: Edit mesh > Re-Orient mesh > Re-Orient consistent A reference element must be selected and the function then aligns all other shell element orientations with that one. Since there is not always a unique solution, the orientations on the interface should be checked and fixed by Re-orient consistent again, if needed. Visualization of the surface element orientations is available via the model tree: right click on mesh>shells > select “Normals Using Arrow” or Normals Using Color”
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?