What does the CFD-Post error: “Error reading number of domains (G/NZN)” mean, which is encountered when loading a .trn file?
June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
When the Transient Results Option in Output Control is set to Boundary Only or Selected Variables, the .trn files themselves won’t have the mesh data in them and as such can’t be loaded into CFD-Post on their own. A .res file or .def file which contains the mesh must be loaded in addition to the trn. file. When the Selected Variables option is used, the Include Mesh option can be turned on to force the .trn file to contain the mesh. When the options Standard, Essential, or Smallest are used, the .trn files contain the mesh and can be loaded on their own in CFD-Post.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?