Tagged: Neuber's equation
June 6, 2022 at 9:58 amFAQParticipant
Kt is an arbitrary multiplier on the calculated FE stress. It is used to obtain the nominal stress to be used in the fatigue evaluation. The Mechanical fatigue tool uses the nodal FE stresses to assess fatigue damage. It assumes that the FE model adequately captures the peak stress, so a multiplier is not required (Kt = 1). A Kt equal to 1.0 does not mean that Neuber’s equation is always unity. However, if for example, instead of using the FE nodal stress, the fatigue tool used the linearized membrane plus bending stress along path through the thickness. That stress value would not represent the nominal peak stress. You would need to multiply it by the appropriate elastic stress concentration factor (Kt) to obtain the peak stress.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.