What does error code 18 represent? *** ERROR *** CP = 1451.967 TIME= 08:13:08 An error has occurred in the Distributed Sparse Matrix Solver while factoring the matrix. Error code = 18. Please send the data leading to this operation to your technical support provider, as this will allow ANSYS, Inc to improve the program.
January 25, 2023 at 7:34 amFAQParticipant
This error code 18 is a write error. This could occur due to permission issues, network communication problems at the time of the write, or even a virus scanner checking the file at the time of the solve. However, in the majority of cases, this error occurs due to disk space being full – either the total drive space or the allocated space within the user account folder (Scratch directory). Please make sure that you have adequate hard disk space available for the run. A rough guideline for required space can be found at the following link in the Ansys help: https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v194/ans_per/perlineqsolv.html If one can confirm that there is enough disk space, first determine if the analysis will solve w/o error in Shared Memory Processing (SMP) mode (i.e., Uncheck Distributed Solution under Tools>Solve Process Settings>Distribute Solution). If this solves, then the user can also try Distributed Memory Processing (DMP) mode as well.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?