June 6, 2022 at 10:33 amFAQParticipant
After generating the mesh with Inflation, the following error message may be displayed: Patch-conforming tetrahedron mesh failed because of edge intersection in boundary or inflation mesh The following are two possible causes of this error message:
1.There is a problem with a part of the shape which was inflated If there is a problem with the geometry, a warning and a named selection called “Problematic Geometry” are automatically created. In this case, you will have to go back to the geometry editing program that was used (e.g. DesignModeler), and use the Repair tool to solve the problematic part.
2.Inflation intersect each other This may happen when edges and faces are adjacent to each other in the shape. By setting the inflation height to the default, Smooth Transition, the appropriate boundary layer height will be automatically internally calculated, but it may fail if the scale change is extremely large. Instead, change the option to Total or First Layer Thickness. If it still does not work, try performing a small local Sizing setting where the adjacent edges or faces are located.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Skewness in ANSYS Meshing
- ANSYS Workbench: Decomposition and Hex Meshing – Part II
- What is meaning of message: One or more objects may have lost some scoping attachments during the geometry update.
- What is hard/soft behavior in ANSYS Meshing?
- ANSYS Workbench: Decomposition and Hex Meshing – Part I
- How can I create a 2D section from a 3D model in SpaceClaim ?
- How to Fix the Error: “Mesh Exporter does not Support Overlapping Geometry in Named Selections”?
- ANSYS ICEM CFD: ANSYS Workbench Integration with Replay Control
- Why my 2D mesh is appearing as a 3D mesh with a thickness of one cell in Workbench Meshing?
- ANSYS Student: Meshing Best Practices for Students
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.