What causes the following launch error? “Problem starting the application. Please contact support…. The application will now exit.”
Tagged: 1.2.1, 19.1, Additive Print, additive-manufacturing, Desktop, structural-mechanics
April 5, 2023 at 2:31 pmFAQParticipant
For the Desktop Additive Print Application, there are a few known causes for this error message: 1 Additive Print currently only supports the English Language. When Systems language is something else, it might also produce this application error. If this is the case, you must change the underlying windows system language, not just the display language. 2. Customer 3rd party security software might be blocking certain Additive related executables (like cassandra.exe) from launching properly. Search log files located in the logs located in %appdata%ansys-additivelogs) for messages like “”This program is blocked by a group strategy. For more information, contact your system administrator.” 3. Try clearing %appdata%ansys-additive. 4. If you have multiple versions installed on your machine, make certain you are not trying to open latest version while previous version is also open or visa versa. You can only have one Product release open at a time.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.