What causes the error message: An Error has occurred in the Distributed Sparse Matrix Solver used by the PCG solver while saving the solver workspace data….
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
The error stems from the distributed sparse (DSP) solver, which is used by the PCG solver when forming the preconditioner. In building the preconditioner, the code calls the DSP solver and at the end of factoring the matrix for the preconditioner, the code writes out the solver workspace to a file and frees the memory. This error message indicates that the saving of workspace failed for some reason. The matrix might be ill conditioned. One workaround is to try forcing the DSP solver from the beginning instead of PCG.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Does ECAD trace mapping support more than one type of trace material (usually copper) in the same layer?
- ANSYS Mechanical: Fatigue Crack Growth Analysis using SMART Crack Growth
- How to define frictional coefficient as a function of relative sliding velocity
- How can I understand Beam Probe results?
- Can the contact type (bonded or frictional) affect thermal results?
- What is the difference between secant and instantaneous coefficients of thermal expansion (CTE)?
- What does ambient temperature represent when using surface to surface radiation?
- What is pinball radius and does mesh size effect this value?
- Which time integration scheme is used in transient thermal analysis and how to change the scheme?
- Static Structural Analysis of a Rear Upright – Part 1