What can I do if I get following error in Forte (Simulate or Visualize): Exception in thread “AWT-EventQueue-0” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space?
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
Following error can be obtained in FORTE Simulate if mesh is manipulated. (split, merge etc…) or if you want to display very large meshes: Exception in thread “AWT-EventQueue-0” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space The error can appear in DOS or linux console. It means that not enough heap memory is allocated to Java. 2 alternative solutions are proposed: Method 1: You can set the Java heap memory by changing the preferences in Forte Launcher. You can change the memory for Forte Simulate and for Forte Visualize. (by default 8 192 Mb is set) Method 2: You can modify Java heap memory by setting following environment variable. setenv FORTE_MEMORY -Xmx16g That would increase the java heap memory to 16 GB. 10 GB is usually recommended. This aspect is commented in Appendix A.2 of Forte user’s guide.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?