What are the suggested steps if I am having convergence issues for conjugate heat transfer problems?
January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
Suggested solutions if you run into convergence issues: 1) Make sure that the grid at the interface is not too dissimilar. 2) Grid should ideally be very fine at the wall becoming coarser away from the wall 3) Ensure good grid quality by checking equiangle skew and aspect ratio etc. 4) First obtain converged solution using flow equations only, then solve the flow and energy equations simultaneously 5) Obtain converged first order solution first and then switch to second order solution 6) Use velocity inlet instead of pressure inlet BC. 7) Lower the energy under-relaxation factor. Try 0.98 (don not go lower than 0.95) 8) Use Pressure-based solver with coupled option, lower the Courant number. 9) In Define-> Model-> Solver, select ‘node-based’ for gradient option. 10) If using tetrahedral grid, turn off secondary gradients using the following TUI command: (rpsetvar ‘temperature/secondary-gradient? #f) 11) Change multigrid settings (solve->controls->multigrid) for energy. Set it to W cycle with a termination criteria of 0.01 (or smaller) 12) Increase the upper limits of pressure and temperature in Solve-> Controls->Limits
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1