January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
Axisymmetric indicates that the domain is axisymmetric about the x axis. When Axisymmetric is enabled, the 2D axisymmetric form of the governing equations is solved instead of the 2D Cartesian form. (This option is available only when you start the 2D version of the solver.) It is important to note that while the assumption of axisymmetry implies that there are no circumferential gradients in the flow, there may still be non-zero swirl velocities. However, you will have to choose Axisymmetric Swirl in Solver -> 2D Space For axisymmetric, the axial direction should be x and radial is positive y. Even if the y starts with -1e-32, it will fail. Do a Mesh->Check to make sure you don’t get Checking for nodes that lie below the x-axis. WARNING: Invalid axisymmetric mesh: 6 nodes lie below the x-axis. and WARNING: Mesh check failed. If you do, Use Mesh->Translate and move the geometry so ymin is +ve. Be sure to change the zone type of the axis of rotation to “axis” and not symmetry, using the Boundary Conditions task page.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?