Tagged: LS-DYNA Suite, ls-prepost, lsdyna, structural-mechanics
March 17, 2023 at 8:59 amFAQParticipant
In the â€œFringe Rangeâ€ settings of LS-PrePost, a user can select among five different schemes for performing nodal averaging before fringing a result. The available schemes are: 1) None, 2) Nodal, 3) MinMax, 4) NodalDifference, and 5) NodalFraction. Letâ€™s assume that a node is attached to four shell elements and the scalar value result for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th shell element is 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, respectively, then: 1) None: does not perform nodal averaging and fringes the actual scalar value of each element. 2) Nodal: fringes the average value from the four elements at the node, i.e. (0.1+0.2+0.3+0.4)/4. 3) MinMax: fringes the average of max and min value surrounding the node, i.e. 0.5*(0.1+0.4) = 0.25. 4) NodalDifference: fringes the difference between the max and min value surrounding node, i.e. 0.4-0.1=0.3. 5) NodalFraction: fringes the (max-min)/Nodal = (0.4-0.1)/((0.1+0.2+0.3+0.4)/4) = 0.3/0.25.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How to Connect Excel to Workbench
- How can I plot bodies colored by material property in Workbench?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.