January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
For all Electronics Desktop (EDT) products (HFSS/Maxwell/Simplorer/Q3D) the same licensing model is used. Following increments usually invoked during simulation: 1) electronics_desktop/maxwell_desktop/simplorer_desktop/etc – used to open one window of Electronics Desktop. All licenses can replace each other, important presence of any to launch EDT. New licenses contain only electronics_desktop increment since all products now handled within one platform. 2) electronics2d_gui/electronics3d_gui/hfss_gui/maxwell_gui/simplorer_gui/etc used to add design of specific type. Also old licenses (eg m3dfs_gui – Maxwell 3D design) are replaced by new common increments (eg electronics3d_gui) 3) m3dfs_solve/hfss_transient_solve/simplorer_sim/etc are solver licenses for each packet. Used during the analysis process. In addition to mentioned licenses some extra licenses could be used depending on the product. For example to use “Modelica” libraries in Simplorer you need to have simplorer_modelica increment To see information what increments are required for each product please refer to “ANSYS Inc Product to License Feature Mapping” section on customer portal: https://support.ansys.com/AnsysCustomerPortal/en_us/Downloads/Installation+and+Licensing+Help+and+Tutorials
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- ANSYS Licensing Portal Overview
- Importing Zuken into ANSYS
- License Reporting in ANSYS License Management Center
- ANSYS License Manager: Configuring Firewall Exceptions on Windows