What are the different ways to excite a base (with displacement or acceleration) in harmonic analysis? (MAPDL)
March 17, 2023 at 1:12 pmFAQParticipant
In the attached example, 3 methods are presented for a base excitation in a harmonic analysis – The Large Mass method: used for several years, the acceleration is replaced by a force applied to a large mass fixed to the base of the model. This mass is a lot heavier than the total mass of the structure (>10^3). To replace the A0 acceleration, an equivalent force F = ML*A0 is applied. – The Enforced Motion method: available since R13 for MSUP harmonic. This method create a loadvector in the modal basis which allow to apply an acceleration or a displacement – The Full harmonic method: more accurate but also more time consuming. The displacement (or the acceleration) is directly applied threw an imposed displacement (using D command) Nota : In harmonic, displacement and acceleration are linked by the following equation : A = w².U (w is the pulsation)
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Why is damped frequency is lower than undamped frequency with viscous damping but larger with structural damping?
- How can I change the normalization method of the vibration modes from modal analysis?
- Why does the prestress from Static analysis does not add up to the stress in Random Vibration analysis?
- A Shock absorber is represented as spring element with damping constant. Modal analysis is performed using Reduced Damped (QRDAMP) solver. How to perform a Modal super position harmonic or transient analysis further ?
- In the results of a modal analysis, how can I define that a frequency is an output parameter ?
- What does the warning “Diagonal of the mass matrix is missing in file” indicate when using RSTMAC command?
- Can you output the frequency response for a total deformation?
- In a Modal Analysis of Mechanical, why aren’t the Participation Factors Summary under Solution Information displayed?
- If the stress is higher than ultimate strength in Response Spectrum Analysis, does this mean that the component may break or yield?
- How do I get a frequency response of acceleration in the radial direction of a cylinder?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.