June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
Error message : “The working directory is a unc path, but the windows command shell is currently not configured to support UNC paths. this may cause failure of the CFX solver. command shell support for unc paths can be enabled by setting the windows registry key disableuncccheck” If you get this message when launching a CFX simulation, it is because you were using a UNC path for the working directory. For instance \servernamedirectory This error is the result of a limitation of the Windows command shell. The first work-around is to use map a drive in Windows to your network path and then use the mapped drive as your working directory so that you are having a working directory like D:\directory instead of \servernamedirectory. The second work-around to override this behavior of the Windows OS and use UNC paths is to set an entry in the Windows registry. This is outlined in https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/156276 It amounts to setting: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftCommand Processor add a new REG_DWORD called DisableUNCCheck set to 1
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?