August 25, 2023 at 12:15 pmFAQParticipant
When extracting the internal fluid region from a shape where only the solid region is present, the Fill function is normally used. The Fill function has an option called By Caps, which creates a Surface Body in the opening so that the solid area is surrounded by the Surface, extracting the fluid region after “lidding”. Please follow the steps below. 1. Select all edges that will be the edges of the opening. 2. Select Surface from Edges from the Concept menu. 3. Specify the Edge selected above in Edges from the Details View window (simply click the Apply button). 4. Click on the Generate button to create a Surface Body that will act as a “lid”. 5. Select Fill from the Tools menu. 6. Let the Extraction Type in Details View be By Caps. 7. Click the Generate button. This completes the fluid area. The attached script file is a scripted version of the procedure above from steps 2 to 7. It is possible to extract the fluid area easily by the following operation. 1.Select all edges that will be the edges of the opening from the screen 2.Run the script file below with Run Script from the File menu. Attachments: dm00033_attachments.zip
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?