June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
The following error message may appear in TurboGrid, especially if the profile.curve file is generated using in-house tools and is not compatible with the hub.curve file: “checkProfileSpans::calculate – First blade profile is not defined as a hub tip and is too far (0.085229 of span) from the hub for reliable surface intersection. Surface extension factor will be adjusted accordingly, however application may become unreliable.” This means that the hub layer in the profile.curve file is standing off the hub surface by a greater amount than expected by TurboGrid, and thus the program could not automatically extend the blade. To fix this, edit Machine Data in the Command Editor. Then through trial and error, increase the Surface Extension Factor from its default value of 1.0 to a number that extends the blade to the hub surface.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?