Trying to run the CFX or Fluent solver on AMD EPYC 7551 you receive similar errors as shown below /ansys_inc/v194/CFX/bin/linux-amd64/ifort/solver-mpi.exe’: free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x0000000003f9ac70 *** ======= Backtrace: ========= /lib64/libc.so.6(+0x81679)[0x2ad96474d679] /ansys_inc/v194/CFX/tools/multiport/utilities/lnamd64/libcputopo.so(cpu_topology+0x1001)[0x2ad9a0850d05] /ansys_inc/v194/CFX/bin/linux-amd64/ifort/solver-mpi.exe(getsystopol_+0xb6)[0x1a00836]
March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
This problem is caused by the hardware topology probing in multiport. This is a known defect and has been fixed in the upcoming Ansys release 20.1 due out in January/February 2020. For CFX it would be possible to work around this problem by disabling hardware topology probing as follows: Create a file (e.g. named aff_diag_disable.ccl â€“ the name isnâ€™t important) containing: FLOW: EXPERT PARAMETERS: process affinity diagnostics option = 0 END END If running from the command line, this file can be specified on the cfx5solve command line together with the usual options (e.g. -ccl aff_diag_disable.ccl). If running from the CFX solver manager it may be possible to specify this by selecting ‘Advanced Controls’ and specifying those extra options in ‘Solver Arguments’ on the ‘Solver’ tab. For Fluent just use this flag in the command line: -affinity=0 to disable processor affinity.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?