Trying to run the CFX or Fluent solver on AMD EPYC 7551 you receive similar errors as shown below /ansys_inc/v194/CFX/bin/linux-amd64/ifort/solver-mpi.exe’: free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x0000000003f9ac70 *** ======= Backtrace: ========= /lib64/libc.so.6(+0x81679)[0x2ad96474d679] /ansys_inc/v194/CFX/tools/multiport/utilities/lnamd64/libcputopo.so(cpu_topology+0x1001)[0x2ad9a0850d05] /ansys_inc/v194/CFX/bin/linux-amd64/ifort/solver-mpi.exe(getsystopol_+0xb6)[0x1a00836]
March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
This problem is caused by the hardware topology probing in multiport. This is a known defect and has been fixed in the upcoming Ansys release 20.1 due out in January/February 2020. For CFX it would be possible to work around this problem by disabling hardware topology probing as follows: Create a file (e.g. named aff_diag_disable.ccl â€“ the name isnâ€™t important) containing: FLOW: EXPERT PARAMETERS: process affinity diagnostics option = 0 END END If running from the command line, this file can be specified on the cfx5solve command line together with the usual options (e.g. -ccl aff_diag_disable.ccl). If running from the CFX solver manager it may be possible to specify this by selecting ‘Advanced Controls’ and specifying those extra options in ‘Solver Arguments’ on the ‘Solver’ tab. For Fluent just use this flag in the command line: -affinity=0 to disable processor affinity.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- ANSYS Licensing Portal Overview
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.