Trying to create a “Bearing” connection in WB-Mechanical between two concentric surfaces. It remains underdefined (?) after scoping the Reference and Mobile surfaces. What would cause this?
January 25, 2023 at 7:34 amFAQParticipant
“Bearing” Connection option only works when scoped to geometry entities that are perfectly concentric. After scoping the Reference and Mobile bodies, carefully check the X,Y,Z coordinates reported in the details window of the Bearing connection. They need to be exactly the same. If they are even slightly different, due perhaps to geometric tolerance issues, the Bearing will remain underdefined. This can be corrected by copying the coordinates from Reference body to Mobile body or visa-versa. This is only a valid fix if the difference in coordinate values is negligeibly small. Check results carefully.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Structural modeling with ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- ANSYS Mechanical: Node Merge
- What might cause the “Error: HResult E_Fail has been returned from a call to a COM component” in SpaceClaim?
- How can you identify the element types used by Mechanical?
- How to change/assign element type in Mechanical?
- How do I address the DesignModeler error: “Lines do not form a closed loop”?
- Why does Mechanical sometimes issue a warning about having wedge elements in the model?
- Generating Mesh for Finite Element Analysis in ANSYS Workbench
- ANSYS Mechanical: What’s New in 2020 R2
- Is there a way to show the element coordinate systems so that I know what direction the bending moments are in?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.