Topology Optimization: Mechanical User’s Guide states that pull-out direction has to lie in the symmetry plane. Why?
April 13, 2023 at 7:33 amSolutionParticipant
The reason for the documented limitation is that the combination leads to over-constraint. Applying a symmetry constraint on X plane is the same as applying a pullout constraint perpendicular to X plane. The attached test model proves this. Hence, user needs one or the other but not both. If user does want to apply a pullout in addition to symmetry constraint, the pull out needs to be running in line with the symmetry plane (in Y or Z directions if X is the symmetry plane), but not against it. Or, in other words, as the docs state “…the pull out direction must be in the symmetry plane”.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How do I request ANSYS Mechanical to use more number of cores for solution?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.