March 17, 2023 at 6:12 amFAQParticipant
Flow domains that contain constrictions such as orifice plates may produce high Reynolds number and high Mach number flows with votex shedding. This solution provides solution strategy tips for such flows. Following solver settings will be useful: (1) Single precision solver. (2) Higher order discretization schemes: 2nd order for time, momentum, k, epsilon, energy and PRESTO for pressure. (3) Change the reference values for area, length, temperature, and velocity according to the characteristics values of the problem. (4) RNG model with differential viscosity option. Solution Strategy: Start with segregated solver and small flow rate such that Re number lies in the range 10,000-50,000. This helps in gradually developing the correct flow field. Once the correct flow field (oscillating field) is established, increase the flow rate in steps and run the simulation for some time steps at every increase. If Mach No. reaches above 2.5 then switch over to coupled solver.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?