There are MAPDL commands that will bring up a window as a message or input box. Is a similar capability available in Workbench?
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
Two approaches are available: (1) In a command object in Simulation, add the following line: /sys,msg %username% “This is my message.” The %username% will fill in automatically with the logged-in username, and you can change the “This is my message” to whatever you need. It should be noted that will NOT block the analysis, as “msg” seems to be executed in its own thread. In addition, it has been reported that this message box will automatically close after some duration of time. (2) Create a new file with VBS extension (e.g., message.vbs), and add the following line to that file: msgbox “This is my message.” , 0, “My custom message box” Then, from a command object in Simulation, use one of the following two commands: ! this command will block the analysis from proceeding /sys,wscript C:somelocationmessage.vbs ! this command will allow the analysis to proceed (runs in another thread) /sys,start wscript C:somelocationmessage.vbs
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?