The simulation runs but fails when writing backups or the final res file due to floating point exception: overflow. ——————————————————– ERROR #001100279 has occurred in subroutine ErrAction. Message: Floating point exception: Overflow ERROR #001100279 has occurred in subroutine ErrAction. Message: Stopped in routine FPX: C_FPX_HANDLER An error has occurred in cfx5solve: The ANSYS CFX solver exited with return code 1. No results file has been created.
Tagged: 18.1, cfx, fluid-dynamics, General, General - CFX
January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
Try the following: 1 – Running double precision 2 – If already running double precision, try increasing the solver memory allocation factor from 1 to 1.2 3 – If the above suggestions don’t work, try using the “Essential” option on the backups 4 – If the above doesn’t work, try not writing backups, but instead just use the temporary res file that’s written as the final res file.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.