The pre-mesh quality check for determinants indicates negative determinants, but when highlighting the histogram bars below zero they do not appear inverted.
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
This is because the block itself has a left-handed orientation. If you select additional negative determinant histogram bars, they will appear to fill an entire block. The left-handed blocks occur from bottom-up operations such as creating blocks, merging vertices and entire topologies, and copying blocks. They are easily made into right handed blocks by using “Blocking [tab]>Block Checks>Fix Inverted Blocks.” These can also be fixed by writing an unstructured mesh and using “Edit Mesh [tab]>Check Mesh>Volume orientations.” When it finds orientation problems, choose the automatic “fix.”
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?