The pre-mesh quality check for determinants indicates negative determinants, but when highlighting the histogram bars below zero they do not appear inverted.
Tagged: 14.5, fluid-dynamics, General, Hexa, icem-cfd
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
This is because the block itself has a left-handed orientation. If you select additional negative determinant histogram bars, they will appear to fill an entire block. The left-handed blocks occur from bottom-up operations such as creating blocks, merging vertices and entire topologies, and copying blocks. They are easily made into right handed blocks by using “Blocking [tab]>Block Checks>Fix Inverted Blocks.” These can also be fixed by writing an unstructured mesh and using “Edit Mesh [tab]>Check Mesh>Volume orientations.” When it finds orientation problems, choose the automatic “fix.”
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.