The following error occurs when trying to start ANSYS 10.0 on EM64T RED HAT Linux AS 4 update 4: /apps/ansys/ansys_inc/v100/ansys/bin/linem64t/ansys.e100:error while loading shared libraries:libstdc++.so.5:cannot open shared object file:No such file or directory Why is he getting this error?
March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
We provide two copies of “libstdc++.so.5” for Ansys100: /ansys_inc/v100/ansys/syslib/linia32/libstdc++.so.5 /ansys_inc/v100/ansys/syslib/linem64t/libstdc++.so.5 The copy in “linia32” is a 32-bit version needed for Workbench and the other is the 64-bit version for Ansys. Make sure the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH is NOT set prior to trying to run Ansys. Also try renaming the /syslib/linia32/ version just in case Ansys is trying to use the 32-bit version. Also the system has it’s own 32-bit and 64-bit copies of the libstdc++.so.5 in: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0.7 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5 /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.5.0.7 /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.5
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?