The following error occurs when trying to start ANSYS 10.0 on EM64T RED HAT Linux AS 4 update 4: /apps/ansys/ansys_inc/v100/ansys/bin/linem64t/ansys.e100:error while loading shared libraries:libstdc++.so.5:cannot open shared object file:No such file or directory Why is he getting this error?
March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
We provide two copies of “libstdc++.so.5” for Ansys100: /ansys_inc/v100/ansys/syslib/linia32/libstdc++.so.5 /ansys_inc/v100/ansys/syslib/linem64t/libstdc++.so.5 The copy in “linia32” is a 32-bit version needed for Workbench and the other is the 64-bit version for Ansys. Make sure the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH is NOT set prior to trying to run Ansys. Also try renaming the /syslib/linia32/ version just in case Ansys is trying to use the 32-bit version. Also the system has it’s own 32-bit and 64-bit copies of the libstdc++.so.5 in: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0.7 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5 /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.5.0.7 /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.5
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.