August 8, 2023 at 2:06 pmFAQParticipant
SpaceClaim Add-Ins show the potential for customizing the user experience inside of SpaceClaim for specific tasks. An add-in is a managed code DLL that uses the SpaceClaim API. The SpaceClaim Application Programming Interface (API) contains samples projects that allow you to create add-in applications that extend the functionality of SpaceClaim. To learn about creating custom experiences for your company contact your Ansys sales representative.
What is included?
✔ The Sample Projects shows programming examples of how to use various areas of functionality in the API.
• Sample Add-in (C#): Shows how to Create Context Menu, Copy Component, Create Assembly Block, Gear, Hole, Layers, Notes, Torus, Dump Object, Export a Document, Find Matching Faces, Select Loop, Show BOM, Create Sketch Tool, Profile Tool and Animation Tool.
• Sample Add-in (C++): The C++ equivalent of the Sample Add-in commands.
• Sample Add-in (F#): The F# equivalent of many of the Sample Add-in commands. Visual Studio 2010 has no interactive tools for creating resources in F#, so a companion C# project is used just for resources and is referenced by the F# add-in project.
• Sample Add-in (Visual Basic): The Visual Basic equivalent of many of the Sample Add-in commands.
• BodyPrimitives API Extension: A sample project showing how to create an API extension.
• Dimension Editor Add-in: Displays a dialog with all the dimensions of groups in the active part, so they can be edited. Also shows sheet metal properties if the active part is a sheet metal part.
Information about the SpaceClaim API can be found in help files in a sub-folder in the SpaceClaim installation folder. The sub-folder has a name of the form “SpaceClaim.Api.Vx”, where “Vx” refers to the version of the API. For example, information about API V23 can be found in the “SpaceClaim.Api.V23” sub-folder.
The following documents are provided in the above folder:
• SpaceClaim_API.chm- the Developer’s Guide to writing an add-in. Refer the section ‘Sample Projects’ from the guide to build various sample add-in projects.
• API_Class_Library.chm- documentation for classes, structs, methods, and properties in the API.
• Developers Guide.pdf- an overview of the SpaceClaim API and its concepts.
You can find the previous versions Sample add-ins from SpaceClaim Sample Add-ins – Previous Versions knowledge article.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.