Some general guidelines for troubleshooting the simulation of an extrusion process using adaptive EFG.
March 17, 2023 at 8:59 amFAQParticipant
1)Avoid sharp angles in the extrusion die mesh as this may cause difficulty for the billet material modeled with EFG to flow through. Round transitions should be used instead. Another suggestion is to use a smaller value for RMIN in *CONTROL_REMESHING_EFG, or use *DEFINE_BOX_ADAPTIVE with smaller BRMIN and BRMAX around tight geometries of the die or container so that the EFG mesh becomes finer there. 2)The billet/workpiece modeled with adaptive EFG may deform such that it penetrates itself. To prevent this, an AUTOMATIC_SINGLE_SURFACE contact can be defined on the billet. 3)The adaptive time interval may be too big, so the mesh of the workpiece becomes distorted. In this case, decrease the adaptive time interval, using a curve to define the adaptive interval as a function of time, or use the interactive adaptive control of adaptive EFG in *CONTROL_REMESHING_EFG. 4)*CONSTRAINED_LOCAL/GLOBAL are the best ways to constrain surfaces of the adaptive EFG part. *BOUNDARY_SPC_SET can be used to apply constraints too, but the nodal set has to be defined by box (*SET_NODE_GENERAL with BOX as the option in Card 2e). 5)An LS-DYNA MPP solver is recommended.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How to Connect Excel to Workbench
- How can I plot bodies colored by material property in Workbench?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.