Slow performance for serial runs on Dual Quadcore machines. No other jobs are running on this machine. Parallel performance is poor.
March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
Main reason for this was in this case the main board. In both cases the customer had a Tyan board. One customer changed a board from Tyan to Supermicro and the performance improved about a factor of 1.9. I added here the hardware vendors of the boards although I know this behavior can change in the future. The knowledge about the hardware components should be at the hardware vendor side, but this is not always the case. The HP distributor did not know about High Performance Computing. In our case Michael Ehrig from HP High Performance Center identified immediately the board as reason. Dual Quadcore machines become more and more usual. Customers have to be aware that hardware is more than the processor and maybe benchmarks are necessary before ordering machines.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?