June 6, 2022 at 10:32 amFAQParticipant
Skewness is a key quality standard to confirm mesh qualities. Its definition is almost the same as the quality confirmation type in GAMBIT, Equi Size Skew. You can also check this with Fluent and select Equi Size Skew (cell value) in the Contour panel. The skewness in ANSYS Meshing evaluates to what extent the edge and angle of the created mesh deviates from the ideal state (equilateral triangle / square) and is defined as follows.
•(Ideal Cell Size – Created Cell Size) ÷ Ideal Cell Size
oIdeal cell size = equilateral cell size with radius of the same circumcircle oApplies to triangular and tetrahedral meshes
•max[(θmax – θe) / (180 – θe), (θe – θmin) / θe] oθmax = face’s or cell’s maximum angle oθmin = face’s or cell’s minimum angle
oθe = face’s or cell’s ideal angle (equiangle—equilateral triangle: 60 degrees, square: 90 degrees)
oApplies to all mesh types oSame defining formula as Equi Size Skew in GAMBIT
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Skewness in ANSYS Meshing
- ANSYS Workbench: Decomposition and Hex Meshing – Part II
- What is hard/soft behavior in ANSYS Meshing?
- How to reverse surface normal in SpaceClaim?
- ANSYS Workbench: Decomposition and Hex Meshing – Part I
- ANSYS ICEM CFD: Swept Multizone Meshing
- How can I create a 2D section from a 3D model in SpaceClaim ?
- What is meaning of message: One or more objects may have lost some scoping attachments during the geometry update.
- ANSYS ICEM CFD: Blocking Improvement Using Edge Parameters and Vertex Alignment
- How to Change the Direction of the Normal Vector of the Internal Face?