SHELL181 displacement results in X and Y directions can be plotted, but not listed or saved to an array. Z direction results are available regardless. Is this a bug?
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
The PRNSOL, U, X command lists the nodal solution. When nlgeom, off, the UX and UY nodal displacement results are all zeros. With /ESHAP, 1, the UX results are shown at the pseudo points of the 3D expanded element geometry. The pseudo point displacements account for contributions from both nodal displacements and rotations. Therefore, the pseudo point displacements may not match nodal displacements. With /ESHAP, 0, the displayed UX will match listed UX.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Structural modeling with ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- ANSYS Mechanical: Node Merge
- How can you identify the element types used by Mechanical?
- How do I address the DesignModeler error: “Lines do not form a closed loop”?
- Why does Mechanical sometimes issue a warning about having wedge elements in the model?
- How to change/assign element type in Mechanical?
- Generating Mesh for Finite Element Analysis in ANSYS Workbench
- How to avoid SpaceClaim session freezing or slowing down for certain operations?
- ANSYS Mechanical: What’s New in 2020 R2
- What might cause the “Error: HResult E_Fail has been returned from a call to a COM component” in SpaceClaim?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.