April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
If you have recently purchased Discovery Ultimate, Standard, or Essentials, you will need to follow these instructions to download and install your software. * 1. Download the installer for the bundle you purchased. The ANSYS Discovery Ultimate CAD Translators are paired only with Discovery Ultimate. They are not necessary for Discovery Standard or Discovery Essentials. 2. Once the download is complete, you will need to extract the files from the compressed (.zip) directory. Use a 3rd party compression tool such as 7zip (Download) or WinZip to extract the files. When presented with an option, extract the files to a new folder with the same name as the compressed directory (for example, AIMSCDISCOVERY_190_WINX64). 3. At this point, it is critical that you temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall security measures running on your PC. You can enable them again after the installation and product activation steps have been completed. 4. Once the files have been extracted, open the folder and locate Setup.exe. Run that file. 5. After the installation has finished, launch one of the programs and use your Discovery Community Forum login credentials to activate the software. 6. Once the software has launched successfully, you can turn your antivirus and firewall on again. If you have problems with the license activation, please refer to the following document on the forum: Firewall settings required to unblock ANSYS Discovery Products (https://discoveryforum.ansys.com/t/q5gwjy/discovery-license-activation-troubleshooting) If you have an Administration tab in your user account page and get an error message stating no subscriptions are available, please watch this video: Discovery Subscription Administration (https://discoveryforum.ansys.com/t/m25967) *If you have recently completed a trial of SpaceClaim, please make sure to download and install the version of Discovery SpaceClaim located within the forum. Versions downloaded from My SpaceClaim or a trial email do not support the subscription based license required to activate Discovery products.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.