March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
Fluent does not allow to separate faces of a boundary which is adjacent to an adapted mesh. Fluentâ€™s â€œtpolyâ€ utility can be used to convert an adapted mesh into a polyhedral mesh. Face separation operation can then be performed on the resultant polyhedral mesh. Steps: This procedure was tested on a simple hex mesh. 1)Read the mesh file into a serial Fluent version and make all the necessary adaptions. 2)Save the case file. 3)Open a command prompt and issue the following command while in the current working directory. utility tpoly input.cas output.cas â€¢This command removes all hanging nodes from the adapted case file input.cas and creates polyhedral cells for those cells which contained hanging-nodes. Output file is written as output.cas. â€¢Note: If the above command is unrecognizable, please try using the full path. For example, for Windows: â€œC:Program FilesANSYS Incv160fluentntbinwin64utility.exeâ€ tpoly input.cas output.cas 4)Read the case file output.cas in a new serial session, make the face-separations and set up the rest of the case. Save the case file. This file can now be loaded into a new serial or a parallel session.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?