January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
Problem Description: RSM file transfer fails after successfully transferring a rather large file (download time > 10 mins per file) Comments: User Proxy gets a timeout when a certain time has passed after the last operation. The last operation in this case is triggering the transfer of a file, i.e. when the file transfer takes longer than this time (“Idle Timeout”), the user proxy is stopped. This leads to the failure. Resolution: Set the variable “Idle Timeout” to a higher value (expected max. time for the transfer of a single file, e.g. 60-100 minutes). This has to be done on all RSM managers and compute servers (if the install is not shared). The variable is located in ANSYS Incv160RSMConfigAns.Rsm.AppSettings.config file. Locate the
Section. Then specifically line number 99 for this entry. After changing the variable, the RSM compute server service has to be restarted.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- ANSYS Licensing Portal Overview
- Importing Zuken into ANSYS
- License Reporting in ANSYS License Management Center
- ANSYS License Manager: Configuring Firewall Exceptions on Windows