April 5, 2023 at 2:31 pmFAQParticipant
Question: If a SpaceClaim material is once assigned and imported to Workbench, it seems, that there is no way to delete this material. Deletion of the material in SpaceClaim, assignment of another material in SpaceClaim to the body and usage of the option “remove from list” for the CAD Materials library in Engineering data does not work. After every new refresh, the material is there again in Engineering Data. So, how can the material be removed permanently from the Workbench Engineering Data? Answer: This is a Smart Update related behavior. The Smart Update Option can be found in the Geometry properties panel in the Workbench Project Schematic. The material attributes created during transfer are stored in Part Manager with each update (with Smart Update ON, which is the default option). Even if they are removed in SpaceClaim, that attribute still exists, and as mentioned above, is then pulled into the Engineering Data table. If Smart Update is turned Off, then only the material definitions that exist during that transfer will be stored.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?