June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
Neither RAND nor RANDOM are part of the Fortran standard, instead they are system dependent implementations specific to the system libraries in use, so are a dangerous choice if cross platform operation is required. A better choice is a system independent way of generating random numbers, for example the CFX Solver’s built in random number generation routine GET_RANDOM which is called as follows: CALL GET_RANDOM (RAND,NRAND,ISEED) This generates an array random numbers, where: RAND(NRAND) is a REAL array to contain the random numbers NRAND is the number of random numbers to be generated. ISEED is the random seed. If ISEED is greater than zero, then random number generation will be seeded, using ISEED. So, for unseeded random number generation, ISEED would be declared as an INTEGER and initialised to zero, prior to the call to GET_RANDOM.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?