January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
Question: Why ANSYS does not utilize GPU for rendering when I use it over RDP ? Customer encounters slow graphic rendering issue when using ANSYS over RDP. There is no such issue if customer directly uses ANSYS on the remote machine. Monitoring GPU usage reveals that GPU is not used when using ANSYS over RDP. Answer: Windows 10 does not enable GPU for rendering over RDP by default. This can be enabled by changing Group Policy on the remote (host) machine. – Launch CMD Prompt and issue the following command gpedit – Navigate to Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Remote Desktop Services -> Remote Desktop Session Host -> Remote Session Environment – Enable the “Use hardware graphics adapters for all Remote Desktop Services sessions” Note: This option may not exist on Windows 10 LTSB Keywords: GPU over RDP, Enable GPU
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.