Question: When running Planar EM Simulation I receive the error: Failed to check out license ‘ensemble_25_sim’
June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
Answer: If the following error message is shown when running a Planar EM solve: [error] Failed to check out license ‘ensemble_25_sim’, License server does not support this license (FLEXlm Error -18) The solution to fix the above problem is to enable HFSS license for Planar EM solve. To do this: From the ANSYS Electronics Desktop, select the menu item Tools -> Options -> HPC and Analysis Options In the HPC and Analysis Options window, click the Options tab, make sure to select design type HFSS 3D Layout Design. Under Solve Licensing, set the value for ‘Use HFSS license for Planar EM solve’ to ‘True’.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?