Question: When EnSight uses SOS to distribute across multiple nodes of a cluster, what is the GPU requirement? In other words, is the node where the SOS host resides the only one that requires a GPU, or does each machine require a GPU?
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
Answer: The EnSight Server requires no GPU. Nor can it utilize a GPU. GPU resources are ONLY required on the EnSight Client machine. We donâ€™t have anything (official) which utilizes multiple-GPUs. So, the larger question/environment configuration answers are: a. The backend SoS machines do not require any GPUs. b. The head node (where you anticipate running the EnSight Client) should be fitted with a high-end engineering graphics card (nVidia Quadro P4000/P6000 are great cards which are not expensive). The head-end node in an EnSight SoS configuration does not utilize multiple GPUs.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.