Question: What should I do if I working from home using VPN and I am unable to run Mechanical solves? My Solves are stuck at Building Mathematical Model. Or I am unable to launch Mechanical APDL
January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
Answer: It is possible your VPN connection is interfering with the ability for Mechanical to run in the default distributed parallel mode. Uncheck the “Distributed” box in the “Solve Process Settings” for the solve process in use and try solving again. It should work. For ANSYS Mechanical solves “stuck” check task manager for ANSYS###.exe process, end that process. Check your Mechanical APDL Product Launcher >> High Performance Computing Setup tab>> if you have Use Distributed Computing (DMP) selected. Try selecting “Use Shared-Memory Parallel (SMP)” and see if MAPDL launches
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.