Question: What should I do if I run into “Error connecting to the Service [mpiexec@hostname] ..hydrautilssocksock.c” when I try to run ANSYS 18.2 LS-DYNA parallel from Product Launcher ?
June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
Answer: Please install Intel MPI. C:Program FilesANSYS Incv182prereqINSTALL_INTEL-MPI_README.html and the installation file C:Program FilesANSYS Incv182prereqw_mpi-rt_p_220.127.116.11.exe then please cache password using the last step in the html file Note the entire error looks like the below: Setting the environment: ANSYS_DIR=C:Program FilesANSYS Incv182ANSYS Executing mpiexec -np 2 “C:Program FilesANSYS Incv182ANSYSbinwinx64lsdyn _mpp_sp_impi.exe” pr=dyna i=input.k Error connecting to the Service [mpiexec@hostname] ..hydrautilssocksock.c (270): unable to connect from hostname” to “hostname” (No error) Press any key to continue . . .
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?